Gunk, and toes

Coturnix221

Chirping
Jun 6, 2020
My hatch of coturnix quail was late by 3 day on day 22 we had them hatch, which is probably due to my thermometer failing. I have a chick with a white belly ( navel) which has a bunch of gunk, and dry, and they have a curled toe. Will these both get better? Or is there something I need to do. I also have many dying in there shell because they could not pip due to the thermostat. How would I treat these conditions?

Sometimes a curled toe can get better on its own, but it can be good to try to fix it. I had a coturnix quail once that hatched with curled toes. We sandwiched small pieces of Band-Aid on its feet so that they would be in the correct position. Then after a few days, we were able to remove the Band-Aids and it was fine. Hopefully this is helpful!
I am not sure how to help with the "gunk" you speak of. Maybe someone with more expertise will come along and be able to help you. Otherwise, pictures might allow us to understand the situation better.

its navel is just covered in white stuff, it is dry which is good, and is breath fine and being a chick, it just worries me becuase it is just a large bump on its naval, and is white. sorry to say, i cant post pictues on my device

its navel is just covered in white stuff, it is dry which is good, and is breath fine and being a chick, it just worries me becuase it is just a large bump on its naval, and is white. sorry to say, i cant post pictues on my device
Without pics we can't help you much. Can you use a different device to upload pics? Just take a picture, but the "Attach files" button, and select the correct one. It's easy. Otherwise I can't help you.

Back
Top Bottom