Gurggling noises when breathing

HeiHeisMom

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Goliad, Texas
Have a 7 month old CCX hen that seems just fine with the exception of today she startrs gurggling upon breathing.
Doesn't seem in distress.
She's been acting just fine.
No nasal discharge or watery beak or eyes.
Could this be congestive heart failure symptom?

Have a 7 month old CCX hen that seems just fine with the exception of today she startrs gurggling upon breathing.
Doesn't seem in distress.
She's been acting just fine.
No nasal discharge or watery beak or eyes.
Could this be congestive heart failure symptom?

No no not Heart failure it's a typical respiratory sign that connect with respiratory infection
Tell me if she's having some discharge from eyes or nose
And how's her poop is it chalky and white?

If she's mine I'll give her some Chopp Garlic For a boost up her system
And add Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar In her water

And for medication I would recommend baytril but as she's a hen and will laying so I would recommend
Doxycycline in water but if u can u should give baytril for faster good recovery

One of my girls started sounding gurgley about two weeks ago. I actually took her the vet because she had other things going on (lice & worms) and I'm not experienced with chicken illness. Vet said it was respiratory and not her crop. He put her on a liquid oral antibiotic called SMZTMP (Sulfamethoxazole / Trimethoprim) aka Bactrim twice a day for 10 days, along with Panacur for her giardia.

She still sounds a bit gurgley, but looks so much better. Dust bathing and eating better now.

Weekend and no very, but we used VetRX on her computer and waffles and this morning she was so much better.
Used it again this afternoon and y by evening she sounded just fine.
Guess she got into something she shouldn't have...

7 month old CCX hen that seems just fine with the exception of today she startrs gurggling upon breathing.
Weekend and no very, but we used VetRX on her computer and waffles and this morning she was so much better.
Used it again this afternoon and y by evening she sounded just fine.
Guess she got into something she shouldn't have...

Glad she is feeling better. How heavy is she since she's a meat bird?
While it could be a respiratory illness, I would check her crop first thing in the morning for a few days before she eats/drinks to make sure the gurgling is not a crop problem.

7months old a CX pullet may begin to have some difficulties, but it would be hard to know. Is she laying eggs o.k.?

Laying fine. Been checking crop daily, that's fine. She has been yawn (gapping ?) Lately, but has been worried and doesn't show worms in throat.
Thought maybe ate along piece of grass but didn't see anything.
She acts annoyed when I check her.
She last weighed in at 8 lbs.
She was our runt broiler. Lol

Back
Top Bottom