Gurgle breathing won’t go away please help

Sorry to hear about your hen.
Vet rx is NOT medicine, it's just vicks rub for chickens, it won't cure anything.
I would hold back on the bath for now, if she's already stressed that could put her over the edge.
I'd also but her back in with the others, the longer she's gone, the harder it will be for her to integrate back into the flock and it's not great for you for her to be inside, there are several serious issues you can get.
How old is she? What's her diet?
I don’t know exactly how old she is, we got her from someone else who couldn’t keep her any more but I’ve had her for three ish years. Her diet is protein pellets, cob, meal worms, sunflower seeds, and fresh greens. Also what medicine can I use?

If your hen has a respiratory virus, especially if they are "vaccinated," in my opinion, the worst thing you could do, is put it back in with the others. Follow your instincts. You know better than any of us even if you don't think so right now. Integrating a hen who lost thier place in the pecking order is way easier than killing your whole flock. As chicken owners, we bring in new hens all of time, and they integrate and figure it out. I am just trying to help, please disgregard if anything I told you sounds too scary and wrong information. God Bless you and please update the status of your flock.
Thank you for trying to help

Sour crop can be accompanied with a gurgling sound.
From the research I’ve done I doubt that it is, especially since she is her normal self, there has been no difference in eating drinking droppings or personality, but I will still look into it thank you for your help

Is there anything blocking her airway? I would star there.

Her throat is probably pretty sore from all that heavy breathing:hmm.I don’t know if this is right but I soak a tiny piece of bread in olive oil and feed it to her once a day every other day.

I had a hen with a sore throat from heavy breathing and this helped keep her calm. The oil will help break any mucus or anything else in the throat. The bread also helps with fibre.

Hope she’s doing good 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom