H1N1 vaccination side effects

badnfluinz

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Viola, Illinois
Has anyone had any bad side effects from the mist? I got it last Thursday and Friday night started running a fever, was in bed all day Saturday and Sunday until fever broke. But now I am having extremely painful cramps in my stomach! No diareahe,gas,vomiting or any other symtoms. But the cramps are killing me. Clinic says to let it run its course unless I start vomiting or have diareahe. I have ended up taking some vicodin from a previous injury for the pain but after 4 hours it starts right back up. Any suggestions? Pepto Bismo didnt help either.

I did and they told me to let it run its course but this was not listed as a side effect so I dont know what to think other then
IT HURTS LIKE ........
hit.gif

I have never gotten one before and dont think I will ever again! I only did it because the lady to take care of is paranoid she is going to get it and she practically begged me to go get one. Never again. I have missed two days of work, I told her it was her own fault she didnt have me here to take care of her, she made me get one. Her son had to come over to feed her and cath her, she didnt like that too well. LOL

Quote:
Its not surprising it wasn't listed as a side effect, the vaccine was tested for all of five minutes, there is no way they could have all the side effects listed... they might add some as they go along from all the people who've recieved it so far. (in effect you're testing the vaccine for them)

There is always a possibility of side effects from a vaccine. Always. Nothing new.

HOWEVER, if anyone is in such pain that they are hitting the vicodin, they need to be seen by a doctor - IMHO - not just talk to office staff. Gotta take care of yourself!!!
smile.png

Wow! That doesn't sound quite right, but I will honestly say I have had people tell me they were dumb to even get the flu shot because they weren't prone to it, and then got sick as a dog after they got it. The "experts" say you were already getting it when you get sick after the shot, but I wonder . . .we have an awful lot of "experts" walking the earth that don't know their butts from a hole in the ground . . .

Hope you feel better, but when I read about the Vicodin, I thought WOW! You need to talk to a professional health care person!!

Good luck!!!

Well, Tylenol and Mydol wasnt helping Then I remembered I had some left over from when I broke 3 ribs when I had a horse fall on me. Only took one last night so I could sleep, havent slept much since the cramps started. Also took half of one before coming into work today, just enough to keep it barable until I can get into the docs office. I am calling today and just telling them I need an appointment to come in. This is rediculous.

SIL recieved the shot last Thursday and you aren't going to beieve what she's going through this week!!!

NOTHING!!! She's totally fine. But I do hope the OP feels better soon
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom