HACKED!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by XtremeRooster, Sep 11, 2013.

1. CluckCluck18

CluckCluck18 Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    Largo, FL
    Thanks a lot for the good information and warning! It's getting to be that you can't trust anyone or anything. :rant. I hate having to be so cautious all the time, but that's our world now.
    That's one of the reasons I stay home and sit out back with chickens. :yiipchick

2. herfrds

herfrds Songster

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Watch your credit card if you buy certain supplies online like myself!
    I checked my card and found 2 charges on it that I never made! Called my bank, went online and disputed the charges as fraud, cancelled my card and got a new card.
    Turns out a company I bought some stuff from got hacked. I got a letter in the mail from them with a coupon for a discount. At least I found out what happened but I caught it early.

3. Haunted55

Haunted55 Songster

Feb 15, 2012
    Central Maine
    Okay, now this is just too funny...I just received a call out of Bainbridge, Ga about my computer having a virus. Lol, I asked them what computer? I was told I needd to buy a computer so I could buy their program. Yeah, it's been one of those days, lol.

4. carrieb62

carrieb62 Chirping

Sep 16, 2013
    I've had a call like this once a couple months ago! I forgot what it was that I asked them but it was a question that showed them I know plently about computers... and they hung up on me! HA!

When it comes to actually having your computer hacked, many times you can tell this is being done when your system slows... however that's not always the case - like when the internet signal just plain slows down here in my neighborhood when everybody decides to get on the computer at the same time!

And a little trick about those popups that appear outta nowhere saying you have an infection in your computer and its not your installed antivirus telling you about it... I was told along time ago this is called "Scareware" and DON'T CLICK THE BOX - EVEN THE RED BOX with the X! I was advised to use the windows task manager to close my browser - because hackers have designed those popups in such a way that no matter where you click on the box your computer will be opened up to them!

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I was thinking about this the other day, but forgot where I saw it. I had someone call and tell me my computer was having a problem. Hmmm...news to me. They guy (foreign) was pretty persistent about the issue. I hung up on him. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Crowing

Sep 27, 2012
    That happened yesterday. We always confuse them haha.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: