Had a scare today

Thank goodness they did not try to get in. Take those girls to Dairy Queen...they deserve a banana split!

My parents taught us what to do as well so my sister and I were always prepared. I have done the same with my children. It is the best gift you can give them...lessons and instructions.

Oh Gina.....wow, That is scarey! Broad daylight!?? So glad your girls are ok. Im sure they were scared to death. Luckily, they have a smart mom, and you taught them to NEVER open the door. Im sure alot of 15 yr old would have. That could have turned bad really fast.

Thanks for sharing that story. It's a reminder for the rest of us parents to give the ol' *safety lecture* again!
I think that your perspective as a probation officer makes you more aware of the "evil that lurks" - good for raising daughters (and sons, too
wink.png
). I know, I was brought up to be nice, be a lady, don't offend others. This upbringing raises girls to be ideal targets. My own DD questioned my instruction to never open the door: "What if it's X and he thinks I am rude?" I told her that she could apologize later or explain that Mom is a nut!

Broad daylight is when most home robberies/break-ins happen. That's when most people are at work and they know there aren't as likely to be nosy neighbors watching, etc.

They will knock on the door to see if anyone is home, and then if there is no answer, will either break in the house, or take off with whatever isn't tied down outside.

Glad your girls are OK AND that they caught the bad guys!!

Back
Top Bottom