had one of our pecocks get out the other day

jimmythechicken

Songster
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
mansfield
debbie aka little blue on here went down to feed the peacocks chickens an goats.she comes running back up to tell me that the door between the peacock building an our chicken building blow open at night an crazy horse her 1 yearold indian blue peacock was in with the chickens.normally i would not care because our chicken run is covered so he could not get out but sence we got about 70in of snow here in ct over the last month it riped down the top of the chicken run,so i get out there an see crazy horse in the chicken run so i climb in to the run with my net an hope he does not see he can fly.then off he goes about 60ft up into the trees behind the coop then comes back down an land about 70 yards off in the woods.now we still had about 2-2 1/2 feet of hard snow on the ground.so we grab the net an head way out to try an circle around him to point him back towards our house.then we spot him laying next to a big birch tree,so me an the girls fan out an i get an agle so he can not see me behind the tree he is sitting next too.then i have the kids start to call to him an make noise as i snuck up blindly.i got all the way to the tree took a deep breath an jump around it with my fish net an HOLY CRAP i cought him.i think he just wanted to be back with his friends but that day i was ahero to the kids.lol never in a million years did i think we would get him.this winter sucked for us in ct very cold an snowy.lost a few chickens but all the peacocks are doing well!

Last edited:
oh my, i've been in a similar situation when my java green peacock got loose. my heart stopped beating for a minute but thankfully i caught him but he lost alot of tail feathers.
roll.png

ya he doesn't have any tail thank god i even told her that it was a good thing it wasn't her silver pied he has like a 2-3 ft tail right now that would have sucked

Way to go! They ARE quick! Romeo stayed out for 4 days & we never did catch him -- we opened the gate late one night while the others were on their roost & he wandered back inside.

Back
Top Bottom