Had to kill my rooster...

I know this is an old post but I have a rooster that I've had almost a yr now that has started to become aggressive, he has flogged me twice and flogged and bit me today when I turned them out to free range. I swatted him outta the way with my leg and commenced to gathering eggs. Also he likes to take my hens down into another property to eat and peck around. All of which he can't be doing due to the many predators in these Virginia ridges. I've tried the pick him up and make him do what i wanted and give loves to him but it isn't working so now he is in a dog cage all by himself in the barn. I am pretty sure I will have to cull him if he keeps this mess up. I really don't want to cause having eggs already fertilized to have doodies is my main objective but not worth being flogged and pecked at.

I wouldn't breed such a rooster, do you really want to pass on such a bad attitude to your chicks? Life is too short and there are too many nice roosters to put up with a mean rooster. If he wants to be a jerk chicken so badly, turn him into jerk chicken

Back
Top Bottom