Had to put down neighbors goat :(

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
I called my neighbor this morning to let her know that her female goat made through the night. My neighbore believes that she had polio. She had all the symptoms.
My neighbor done all she could to help this poor animal. She gave it Thiamine shots and and some other meds that it might have needed. But unfortunately she didn't get any batter. So my husband was asked to put her down. Me and the neighbors daughter went and picked the goat up and put her on a wagon and rolled her to the burial spot that the daughter had already dug and we laid her in it and walked away.
My husband waited until we got half way gone and made the shot. She was now out of her misery. I know that he hated to have to do this but it had to be done.

The goats name was Miracle due to the fact that when she was younger her head was stepped on by a horse. We are thinking this also may have had something to do with the fact of her getting the polio, but not sure. She was in the care of others when the horse incident happened and we aren't sure she was properly taken care of.

There are other goats but she has gone now to get more meds to do a prevention treatment on the other goats, including mine.

I hate so much to see any animal suffer but in this case it took some suffering for us to figure out what was wrong.

No, but she has been raising animals for many years and been involved with veteranary work that she more thatn less new that polio is what it was.

Back
Top Bottom