Had to say goodbye to my runner ducks today :(

MNRunner

Chirping
Apr 2, 2018
Hi all!

Long time reader, first-time poster. I wouldn't have been able to raise my ducks without all of the help I found on this amazing site. My first post is a bit of a sad one, due to a nosy police officer(he saw the ducks from the street while driving by), I was forced to remove my 6 runner ducks today. I live in a suburb of Minneapolis that allows chickens but apparently will not allow ducks.

The purpose of my post is to say two things:

1. To the nice man in Faribault who my ducks went to, if you happen to be a member on this board, please take care of them. The drake duck was like a dog to me and I already miss him dearly. If you ever are unable to take care of them, let me know because I want to make sure they live full and fantastic lives.

2. If anyone on is reading and on the fence about getting ducks, get them!!! I had so much fun over the course of a year raising the little guys from ducklings to full grown. It was easier than I thought it would be and the times that were challenging were more than worth it with all the laughs and smiles they gave me.

At some point(hopefully sooner than later) I want to get runner ducks again. I plan on moving to another city in the next couple of years and want to experience the joy of raising ducks again.

Here are some photos of my runners. The drake(Carl is his name) and I became very close, the females never warmed up to me.
30121902_10211420555166651_1153277312_o.png
29955337_10211420549686514_1435889343_o.jpg
28876555_10211224446664061_1788881020_o.jpg

Going through the same thing right now but.... I lied. "Ok, Officer! I'll be sending them to my mom's house then where they can live in the pond!"

Mr. Officer is super pleased and puffed his chest out at how good about it I was and how big and important he was.

I called my mom and told her if she ever got a phone call, she now owns two ducks. She laughed and asked where I put them. Told them they were currently taking their nightly bath before getting in bed with the kid for the night.

ANimal control has been to my house twice in the last 5 days over the ducks but do you think they've done a darn thing about the pit bull that charged and attacked my kid on Saturday and tore him up? Tore up the dog he was walking? Then turned around and bit his owner? Nope! Let's be more concerned with Chuck and Buck the killer ducks.

Going through the same thing right now but.... I lied. "Ok, Officer! I'll be sending them to my mom's house then where they can live in the pond!"

Mr. Officer is super pleased and puffed his chest out at how good about it I was and how big and important he was.

I called my mom and told her if she ever got a phone call, she now owns two ducks. She laughed and asked where I put them. Told them they were currently taking their nightly bath before getting in bed with the kid for the night.

ANimal control has been to my house twice in the last 5 days over the ducks but do you think they've done a darn thing about the pit bull that charged and attacked my kid on Saturday and tore him up? Tore up the dog he was walking? Then turned around and bit his owner? Nope! Let's be more concerned with Chuck and Buck the killer ducks.

Its not fair is it.
At least you got to keep your ducks. How cute.

Back
Top Bottom