Hadicap animal show contest! Please VOTE fellow BYCers! Need your help

I feel kind of guilty about putting my dog on here, now...I had debated between her and my crossbeak EE. She passed away yesterday. She was 3 years old. She had crossbeak sooo bad! Her name was Whopper (for Whopperjaw!). She was vicious when we got her, but eventually decided we weren't too bad. We had her a year. I knew she was starting to go downhill, and had started giving her extra oatmeal, cornmeal, and other goodies.

A funny story about her...our neighbor has a Weimaraner, and for some reason, he loved to carry Whopper around in his mouth. The first few times I freaked out, and chased him off, but she was fine, and just hopped out of his mouth and walked around, even though she looked dead just laying there in his mouth! She never ran from him when he came to get her, and he would just walk around with her in his mouth, following us around the house. He never picked up any other chicken.
hu.gif
She wasn't even wet when I got her out. He hasn't been around in a week or two, though.

Anyway, I just had to share that I lost my handicap bird that I almost posted on the contest. She was a weird, hateful little bird, but she was fun to watch. She was also a little "slow" and we never knew if it was due to the crossbeak, or something else.

RIP Whopper...we'll miss you.

Shelly

Last edited:
I'd like to post a picture of my Himalayan cat Mr. Catterton, but I don't know how. If someone tells me how to do it, I'll edit this post (sorry, I'm slow at this computer stuff).

He is over-bred and has a deformed jaw; his first owner thought that perhaps his jaw had been broken when he was a kitten as well (he was the runt of his litter). After I rescued him, I had to have extensive dental surgery on him because of seven abscessed teeth ($720). He was skin and bones at the time because it was painful to eat, but he's gained weight and is now very healthy and happy.

Mr. Catterton is the absolute sweetest creature, and sleeps with me every night. He shares my pillow. He is in charge of the household, manages the affairs of the other cats, and ensures that the food bowls and water bottle (yes, he has a bottle because of his flat face) are filled every day. He also chases my chickens, but the chickens don't take him very seriously.

Quote:
If you can upload a picture to an online photo storage like photobucket.com or another one, then you can copy the image to a post here.

I'd love to see a pic of Mr. Catterton!

Shelly

You all still have ll day to post your pics, i will end it tonight and start the next step in th emorning.
which will be up to the BYCers who wins this contest, again there will be 3 winners, 1rst, 2nd, 3 rd.
bycers will vote on who they think should get, and the winner swillbe the ones with the most votes wins.

This is Bob. Bob somehow managed to get his leg caught in the coop door where he remained caught all night . I immediately took him in the house. Treated the cuts, and swelling. It was found Bob had a compound fracture when the swelling started to go down. So, I made Bob a house chicken while he was recovering. I called a couple of vets, but they recommended putting him down aka me killing him. Something that Lance and I couldn't do. The little guy is such a joy to have around. I kept him in a dog crate in the bedroom. He was such a great house-pet. Never did he have an accident on us or the furniture. One of his favorite pastimes is surfing the net with me. He lived in our house for a couple of months. When the leg healed as much as possible I put him back in the coop with his brothers and sisters. He's now happy. He's such a sweetie. He comes to us when he's called. He'll always have a limp, but he gets around very well. He can climb just like all my other chickens, and he's quite the feisty little rooster, putting the big boys in their places. My husband loves him as much as me. He feeds him bananas and other special treats. I'll try and get a better picture of his foot tomorrow.
111304.jpg

Here's Bob now.
Blueticks32810037.jpg

Last edited:
Murdock - he is our oldest rescued llama. He was fed the wrong food, overfed and is now damaged for life. He cant walk correctly on his feet and his joints are all arthritic, but we love him and have trimmed him down nicely but the damage is completely irreversable.

48828_2009-08-08_026.jpg

he's the one in the middle

48828_2009-08-08_038.jpg

you can see his deformed ankles a bit better in this one

I love seeing all of your handicaped animals! I have one rooster who is but the contest already ended
smile.png
Everyone on here has such great hearts
love.gif

Quote:
I know i dont want this thread to end, so cute.

Ok No more pics please, now it is time for the second part of this,
I need all bycers ( not the bycers who has posted pics) to start your chooseing!!!

So please strt picking who you think has the cutest and you like the best, and you think should be the wionners,
there is 1rst second and third prizes.
so VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom