Half-grown's won't go to bed.

Sounds like I'm lucky to have just the two girls being stubborn. At least it's easier to round them up!

Update: my two younguns still won't go to roost at night. When it's bedtime, they climb up on the shelf behind the miter saw.
Fortunately, this shelf was originally intended to house a couple of pigeons, so it's easy to clean, but I still don't get it. Even if they don't like sharing the coop with the other ladies, I've made sure that they had other places to hang out - like an x-large dog house with a roost, or the sheltered part of the run.

But no, they want to sleep with the saw. Maybe they're getting ready for the Chicken Zombie Apocalypse. I wonder if they realize that to use the saw, they'll need a longer cord and thumbs...?

On the other hand, they have learned to have eggs in the nesting box. I was worried about that, because of them not going in there to sleep, but they seem to have figured it out.

So cute. I have a big girl coop and a baby coop and one of our big girls will not roost. She's laying age and sleeps on top of the nesting bucket in the coop. The oldest baby will roost on her own but the two babies have to be put on the roost nights.

Back
Top Bottom