Half of my flock got killed (what got them?)

Once many years ago a bobcat killed 14 birds one night, it didn't eat them or anything just killed them. I set traps. It didn't ccome back the next night but did the following night and I caught it. Bye bye kitty. That was when I put up the electric wires up. Since nothing has gotten past the electric wires. I did have some other losses but they were from a fox that dug under a pen gate and killed several birds. I used one of the dead birds as bait and caught the fox and concrete went under all of the gates. I had issues with some hawks and Great Horned Owls killing some birds. To solve that problem I put good heavy duty netting up covering all of the pens. I had been letting the birds free range. A fox sneaked in and took my most favorite bird while I was distracted. I followed a feather trail but never found her. A couple of times when the birds were out a hawk came out of nowhere and killed a bird a couple of times. It happened so fast I didn't have time to react so now the birds all stay in their nice large pens. I have had other predator issues also with a skunk, possum and coyote. Lessons learned the hard way. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom