HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

............Coyotes and raccoons are the worst ones to deal with in terms of chicken predation...... Hawks are more likely to try to take a chicken than an eagle. A healthy, territorial flock of crows near your property will greatly reduce aerial predation.

At the moment we don't have coyotes. It seems they don't like to be close to the cougar :)

I had a huge problem with eagles taking free ranging chicken the last place I kept birds. There was a nest two doors down and let's just say with some neighbors and I all keeping chickens, the eagles got very lazy.
Here I know of two nests about 1/4-3/4 a mile away so I'm worried they will find me once and keep coming.

Last edited:
Eggs but no roosters. Check liz
smile.png
I may get a rooster from her
smile.png

LOL do you know that gal that had all your chicks were males!!!! she gave them away to a gal over themt! @sarasweatman Everysingle one was gorgeous!!!

is liz on here?

So exciting!!!! Wait till you see these prizes!!!!! YAYYAYYAYYAAAAA

We still need at LEAST one First Place Prize but so far they are awesome!!!

Thank you to those who donated!!!!
celebrate.gif

Okay, you all twisted my arm.

I think I may have arranged a home for some chicks should I hatch them. I'll know in a few days. So I might finally cash in my prize eggs from @TJChickens and try to hatch some lovely bantams.

I think I may have arranged a home for some chicks should I hatch them. I'll know in a few days. So I might finally cash in my prize eggs from @TJChickens and try to hatch some lovely bantams.
YAYYYY!!!

wee.gif
I've got some bantam EE eggs in the bator from TJ as well.

Back
Top Bottom