Halloween "Trick"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sherry, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    At my job, there is one co-worker that knows everything, has done everything or knows someone who has. You know the kind I'm talking about, has to "one up" you on everything...no private conversations allowed without him.

There are probably 70+ people that work there.

Well....we set up the prank by saying we were going to dress up for Halloween, one of the managers even brought a sign-up sheet around for those who want to dress up...we all signed it, knowing full well NONE of us were going to dress up (plus I'm off on Mondays, he knew I wouldn't even be there and still kept asking me what I was dressing up as).

People start showing up for work between 6-9am.

Got the text a bit ago, he showed up at 6:30am in full vampire/zombie costume, complete with face paint. [​IMG]

I can't wait to hear his reaction at being the only one in costume. [​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Sorry, but I don't find that funny. [​IMG] And we wonder where our kids learn to bullly.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  3. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    I have to agree.. that was mean. Even if the person is a pita!

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    I've done that myself without being prompted. That is, show up at work on Halloween in a costume and be the only one. By the end of the day, others wish they had the b#### to do that too!

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hahaha, I probably would have thought it funny if it were done to me!

I'm like Darkmatter though. I dress up for classes. I don't go crazy, but it's fun and I enjoy the funny looks I get! Today I'm sporting silver horns and skeleton earrings!

And when people ask me how my horns are attached, I tell them I grew the special just for Halloween. (You can't actually see the brown shoe lace that ties them on my head! LOL)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  6. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ditto... That sounds a bit juvenile for a bunch of adults to do something that will target one individual and humiliate them. I sure hope he has fun with it though just to show all the rude people in that office that he, too, can laugh at everyone else. Bunch of interoffice bullies right there. Poor guy....

7. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:Ditto... That sounds a bit juvenile for a bunch of adults to do something that will target one individual and humiliate them. I sure hope he has fun with it though just to show all the rude people in that office that he, too, can laugh at everyone else. Bunch of interoffice bullies right there. Poor guy....

According to the OP, this person is constantly in everyone's business, and always has to one up everyone, for what ever reason...Well, the one upper is getting his come uppins.

Maybe he'll laugh it off, maybe he'll learn the lesson.

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I think its hilarious. But then i love Halloween.....

9. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    That may be true Royd, but what if that guy is not even aware that he is that way... he's not going to understand the point of why they did that too him. He's certainly not going to learn anything from it if thats the case (esp not someone like that). Might even make him even more of a pita because he'll want to be up in everyones business more so he doesn't get in that kind of situation again... it may just back fire on everyone.

Nah, I think someone like that should be handled more directly by management, not as the butt of a joke.

10. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    I don't see this as bullying, this is from someone how was bullied relentlessly. It is just a halloween prank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by