Hamburg, Dutch, or other breed?

solitude

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Is this 10 week old bantam a Hamburg, Dutch or something different? Also, we are calling her a SHE. We assume so anyway. She is among the first of 7 chicks we randomly picked from a local feed store.
94182_abc_099.jpg

hmmm i'm not sure. i would def. say pullet, ummm maybe hamburg what kind of comb? if single then *maybe dutch if rose than i'd say hamburg is she standard or bantam? dutch are true bantams and hamburgs can be bantam or LF.

I'll go check on the comb. I'll look as close as I can. She's the one who is impossible to catch. She just really doesn't like people it seems. I'll report on her comb ASAP.

She's a bantam.

Yea, those legs aren't like the others. The color I mean. That's what's weird to us. Also, we are brand new to chickens. This is our first ones. I've been getting as much information on raising chickens from magazines and the computer.

I will be back.

Everything about her (and I do think her, at ten weeks and that little comb development) screams Hamburg, except the fact she's white. On the other hand: hatchery Hamburgs are not exactly famous for holding to breed type, and pure white sports are pretty common in every black-and-white breed of every animal I've raised.

Okay, so I tried to get a better picture of her comb. She does have much of one for some reason. It's just the tiniest thing. Also, it's very pale in color. I'm not sure if her comb is single or rose. Anyone know? I hope the pictures help.
94182_abc_004.jpg
94182_abc_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom