Hamburg thread!

Pics
Are all hamburgs Bantams? I have Silver Spangled, but they were not sold to me as Bantams.... though I don't specifically recall asking the breeder either. I have 4 that were purchased to babysit some turkey poults. They were moved to the coop last night.

Thanks. Don't know how long they will last out there. Flew out of the pop door into the run when I opened up to let the others in and I can't get them out of the run. Hope they like the night air.

Here is my Citron Spangled Hamburg named Gracie. She's about nine or ten weeks old. (Those of you who are shaking your heads right now thinking "rooster" can just take a hike.
lol.png
)

She's just getting over an upper respiratory thing so she looks a little ratty in this picture. In person, you can see a beautiful deep green sheen in the dark parts of her feathers.

83253_gracie2.jpg

She is very alert all the time and curious about what I'm doing. She likes to wriggle into the crook of my arm. I've still got her in the house because she thinks she's my baby Campine's mother. When I pick up the little guy and take him out of the cage, Gracie gets upset and flutters around until I put him back.

I love my Hamburg and am very partial to the Citrons. Wish I had another one.

Artie

I just got a pair of Silver Spangled LF. They are so tiny compared to my Marans! The Roo is smaller than my hens! The Hamburg hen is so dainty. I'm falling for them.

Here are Herr and Frau Hamburg

IMG_4656.JPG

Herr's crow sounds like a peacock doing a chicken impersonation. Uhh AHHH UHAH

Maggie, Terre, and Suzzy, young LF hens APL (Maggie and Suzzy are laying, Terre's comb is getting bigger and redder every day):

DSC_0151.jpg

Back
Top Bottom