Hamburg thread!

Pics
I bought my first Hamburgs yesterday, a trio of Silver Spangled bantams. They are 19 weeks old. I've never kept them before. Can anyone tell me at what age the begin to lay and how many eggs per year do they lay? Thanks.

I think she is around 8 months now, still never laid an egg but hoping the spring weather will help that!
ok thanks. mine is only 4 months and comb is not well developed so I was wondering about that. This is our first hamburg. Got her at a show Saturday. she has a wing that didn't develop due to it getting caught in the incubator apparently. also looks like one of her toes was broke as it looks bent. she will be loved anyways! she is still kept indoors right now, her last home had her inside. when should I introduce her to the outdoor coop and pen with my other chickens and ducks? and how should I do that?

This is our newest member to our flock. born end of Sept, told she is black/gold hamburg. Her name is Miss Kay. yes we love Duck Dynasty and said if we get another all black chicken her name will be Miss Kay because she has jet black hair! haha! we love her! when do you think she will start laying?

I bought my first Hamburgs yesterday, a trio of Silver Spangled bantams. They are 19 weeks old. I've never kept them before. Can anyone tell me at what age the begin to lay and how many eggs per year do they lay? Thanks.

Ours are 21 weeks old and aren't laying yet. They don't look like they will be ready for a little while, comb and wattle development is varied among them (we have 13 pullets). I've heard that they are very dependable layers once they start.

They ARE very dependable layers. My first one didn't lay as quickly but once she did she out lasted the rest of my hens.

Thanks chicksurreal.
You're welcome! I'd love to see pictures of yours if you want to share.
smile.png

They ARE very dependable layers. My first one didn't lay as quickly but once she did she out lasted the rest of my hens.

That's good to know! I've heard that they are known for their dependable laying, but it's great to hear from someone who actually owns them!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom