Hamburgs?

4HMomma

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Nebraska
Anyone have any? We just went and picked up chicks and got 10 RC rir's, 3 hamburgs and a blue cochin. I know about the others but I have no experience with hamburgs. My daughter fell in love with them and would not take no for an answer. Thanks for any info. I looked for a hamburg thread, but didn't see one.

I've got three six week old Silver Spangled Hamburgs. They are pretty birds, but they're stand-offish. My Barred Rocks come right up to eat out of our hands, but the Hamburgs hang out in the back of the brooder until we leave.

Beautiful birds. Small, good layers & pretty flighty. I had a coop of them when I was akid & every time I opened the door they were all stuck to the far wall flapping & squaking.

I think that is what color mine are. I'll have to get baby pics to post. I'm not thrilled to hear they are flighty, but other than that they sound like decent birds. Thanks again!

They're supposed to be good layers of medium to small eggs. I had to get some because they're so beautiful. Hopefully they'll turn out nice enough for 4H showing. I'm not planning on any "serious" shows for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom