Hand Turning Eggs Pre Incubation

Buns

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 3, 2010
Quitman, Texas
When hand turning my hatching eggs (before incubating) I wondered if I was supposed to be tipping them back and forth one direction or should I be rotating them four ways? I don't know if that makes any sense, sorry. Should I go back and from from a north - south direction (just an example), or should I be tipping them N-S-E-W for better results?
idunno.gif

Also, I try to turn them four times a day, but sometimes I'm not home to do it that often. Is more frequent better when I can turn them, or is it better to be consistent and if I can only turn twice a day routinely, and I should stick with that?

Is there a specific degree of angle that is better than another?

I am reminding myself that there are no stupid questions as I write this and hope you guys will be gentle with me.
hide.gif

Oh, one last question, is there a specific product that only turns eggs on a schedule that does not perform any other action? I don't have my own incubator so even if it is possible to use the turner without the heat, that is not an option for me.

I'm not having bad hatch rates, but inquiring minds would like to know what the best and correct thing to do is.

Thanks so much!

Put them in a egg carton & prop them against the wall on your counter top or in the bottom drawer in the fridge, witch ever you prefer, & turning them once a day before incubating is enough.

Back
Top Bottom