Handling chicks

Oh go
Quote: Sorry I just got your saying.Try getting bugs,grass is fine.If your not wanting to touch them letting the chicks do it themselves is fine.If its too cold,maybe try getting them yourself.They can eat the bugs instantly,no doubt about it.A fun game my hens played as lchicsk was "Get the worm".You drop a worm in the cagea nd they run around and try taking it from the others,or simply catch it.You only have 3 chicks.Maybe try getting more chicks,just to add a lil more fun to the flock.
lol.png

Hah
Sorry I just got your saying.Try getting bugs,grass is fine.If your not wanting to touch them letting the chicks do it themselves is fine.If its too cold,maybe try getting them yourself.They can eat the bugs instantly,no doubt about it.A fun game my hens played as lchicsk was "Get the worm".You drop a worm in the cagea nd they run around and try taking it from the others,or simply catch it.You only have 3 chicks.Maybe try getting more chicks,just to add a lil more fun to the flock.:lol:

That sounds like so much fun! Thanks for the suggestion :)

other suggestions are,beetles,small pieces of bread(Not too much),or letting them meet with 1 another.

I'm not too sure.I just read in a book that germs from other animals can cause diseases.
It is her choice to touch the chicks.
Like I said,maybe you have a cold you just don't know it,or you sneeze into your hands and touch the chicks.You'd be surprised of what the chicsk can catch from you.
I just don't assist on touching the chicks.And with you having another chicken,her poop might be on her,and you go touch the chicks,they can come down with a sickness.I have had so many go arounds and experiences with chicks.I have came across this a few times,(just trying to warn her.)
What diseases are you afraid her chicks are going to catch from a dog?

Welcome!
I believe you might try intergrating bonnie with the chicks.Sometimes the olders are excited for new family members.

They were all gotten at the same time. I had Bonnie separated but over night she got into their room! She adores the babies and treats them like they're hers lol and she's just a month old herself.

I handle mine as soon as they are dry and out of the incubator. You will get lots of different answers!

Back
Top Bottom