Hands on hatching and help

She can't go to bathroom at all I can separate. I can't bandage it will not stick I have all ready done these….i have all ready did ointment .she only 24 hrs old.she needs heat.. she will die in the small Carrier she can't escape heat. And for all in water even with marbles in it.hers is different because I see it in the vent. Please don't kill her.i delt with some of it but the could go a little.she can't go.it will not go in.it will not close.

Congrats! Aren't they neat to watch hatch?? Quick too, huh??
:celebrate
That is cool as crap! :clap
Great job finding them and getting them all out! (without losing a limb!) :)

I have a broody golden comet. She has not let me near her. I removed about 12-15 eggs one day, but her coop-mates still lay in her nest box. I figured whatever would hatch, would hatch. Yesterday she was off the nest and I got to see what was under her. 46 eggs!! I took all but 14 inside to candle and eventually gave 6 of the furthest developed ones back to her, and marked them all, so she has 20, plus whatever they lay in the next week. I can toss those once the hatching starts lol

:eek: 46 eggs! Lol glad you didn't have to pull all those while she was on the nest!
1f604.png
Yikes!

That was my understanding when I read it a year ago.

OK. Thanks.

They are adorable. lol

I don't need any more!!  lol I was already planning on downsizing my egg layers because I am getting way too many eggs not enough buyers.

All limbs intact...lol

Lol well I can understand that! I have a fridge shelf full of eggs myself
1f62c.png

She can't go to bathroom at all I can separate. I can't bandage it will not stick I have all ready done these….i have all ready did ointment .she only 24 hrs old.she needs heat.. she will die in the small Carrier she can't escape heat. And for all in water even with marbles in it.hers is different because I see it in the vent. Please don't kill her.i delt with some of it but the could go a little.she can't go.it will not go in.it will not close.

If you are 100% sure it's the vent and not the umbilical she may have a problem we can't help you fix. Could be an internal defect, sorry.
You seem to have alot of issues with your chicks and birds. My best advice to you would be to stop incubating for awhile and focus on caring for the birds you have. Best of luck to you and your chick.

If you are 100% sure it's the vent and not the umbilical she may have a problem we can't help you fix. Could be an internal defect, sorry.
You seem to have alot of issues with your chicks and birds. My best advice to you would be to stop incubating for awhile and focus on caring for the birds you have. Best of luck to you and your chick.

I have to agree here. Maybe contact a vet. After that I would give it a break and also try to focus on your flock. Good luck.

Congrats! Aren't they neat to watch hatch?? Quick too, huh??
:celebrate
That is cool as crap! :clap
Great job finding them and getting them all out! (without losing a limb!) :)

I have a broody golden comet. She has not let me near her. I removed about 12-15 eggs one day, but her coop-mates still lay in her nest box. I figured whatever would hatch, would hatch. Yesterday she was off the nest and I got to see what was under her. 46 eggs!! I took all but 14 inside to candle and eventually gave 6 of the furthest developed ones back to her, and marked them all, so she has 20, plus whatever they lay in the next week. I can toss those once the hatching starts lol
thank you! Yes it was so neat to watch! I actually missed the first few I went horseback riding! Was not thinking they would hatch a little less than 24 hours into lockdown! I'm used to the scovies taking their sweet time, these little ones are in a rush to get out of that tiny egg!! And then the wobbly stilts for legs :lau I sat there w tears in my eyes from laughing so hard and to be honest snorted a couple times!!! They're hilarious!!

So today my silkies go on lockdown. I candled them and they all look good except 1 has me a little worried. It's air cell takes up half the egg. The others aren't like that and I have good humidity. I upped it a bit more and have officially locked down all my little eggys. Should I worry about that one? Why is its air cell so big when the others are perfect?

On a completely unrelated note, we had a lightning strike cause a spot fire here last night and my first thought was 'how the H do I move 36 chickens?' I think I'm going to start buying pet carriers at thrift stores and storing them in the garage. My husband should love that!

On a completely unrelated note, we had a lightning strike cause a spot fire here last night and my first thought was 'how the H do I move 36 chickens?'  I think I'm going to start buying pet carriers at thrift stores and storing them in the garage.  My husband should love that!

Oh that is scary. I would just start throwing them all in the car lmao. Like 40 chickens 4 dogs, 4 kids lmfao!! No one gets left behind even if all we save are our kids and animals lmao.. :p

So today my silkies go on lockdown. I candled them and they all look good except 1 has me a little worried. It's air cell takes up half the egg. The others aren't like that and I have good humidity. I upped it a bit more and have officially locked down all my little eggys. Should I worry about that one? Why is its air cell so big when the others are perfect?
It could be that one is already drawn down. My first one in my silkie hatch actually was internally pipped at the end of day 17 and externally pipped day 18.

On a completely unrelated note, we had a lightning strike cause a spot fire here last night and my first thought was 'how the H do I move 36 chickens?' I think I'm going to start buying pet carriers at thrift stores and storing them in the garage. My husband should love that!
And pray for time to gather them all up??? I'd be opening the doors and yelling "run for your lives!!"
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom