Handsome a mixed Rooster is he part Longtail?

FeyRaine

Songster
7 Years
Nov 22, 2012
TN
His tail hasn't totally regrown from loosing it last fall when some feathers were twice as long as you see here.

I know he is mixed breed, the flock he came from includes EE and some Jap. bloodlines, just all free ranging also some OEG types.

The pictures don't really help. Their from awkward angels (can you get one of him just standing??) and very small, however if the person had no longtails there, I doubt he is, because it just looks like his feathers are just... long. You'll know for sure if he moults (long tails don't moult).

Oh and he doesn't look like any longtail, PERHAPS a pheonix, MAYBE, if ANYTHING, but I highy highly highly! doubt it. I'll agree, hes an EE (I editted this)

Last edited:
Ok then he is NOT b/c he did moult and the tail is regrowing.
Sorry about the bad angles on the pics -- it was unset and my DH didn't quite get how to hold the bird for photos.
Will do better next time...
Thanks for looking

FeyRaine

EE is likely, I know the source's flock has some green egg layers in it.

The black hen on the right is from his flock also, I call her "Lady Black"
She lays small perfectly white eggs and acts territorial like a game hen.
I has one other from his flock Lady White, same as L Black in size & white eggs.

If Handsome is part EE, and I cross him to a white egg layer (he is in w/ several now) then a % of the daughters will lay colored eggs.
I have w/ him now also a known EE, mint green egg layer so even better to try hatching her eggs this spring as if he is EE then 100% of their daughters would be colored egg layers (right?).

Also, if you click on image you can enlarge it to get a slightly better look :)

Thanks
FeyRaine

Back
Top Bottom