Handsome Year Old Cayuga Drake Needs New Home ASAP - Norman, OK

bgaribay

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

It has been a rough morning here. My Khaki Campbell female was lost to predation this morning, leaving just my Cayuga drake behind. This is kind of a long story, but here goes:

I got these ducks as unsexed ducklings in March 2012. In July 2012, I moved across country from Oklahoma to Portland, Oregon, and left my ducks with my parents in Oklahoma until I could figure out a way to get them home to me. Turns out, it's pretty difficult both logistically and legally to ship livestock birds across country. Unexpectedly, my parents are moving in June this year and can no longer care for the ducks, so I went in search of a suitable home for the pair. I found one, and we were in the middle of discussing the transition when this happened. Now, I have just a drake to rehome, and he obviously doesn't have much utility, especially now that my prolific layer he was attached to is no longer with us.

I don't want him to be alone for a long period of time, and since we still haven't figured out how the predator got into their coop, I'm worried about continuing housing him in it.

He's not a problem drake by any means; he's very friendly and spunky. He has only been around one other duck, the female we lost. I just want him to be integrated into a flock as soon as possible, for his own health and happiness.

My parents are located in Norman, Oklahoma.

Last edited:
I live in Fletcher and would love to have the addition. I have a mated pair {cuyuga and Malard} but I have a bunch of their eggs hatching out next week. Let me know if I can help you!

Back
Top Bottom