Hanging a cabbage

Kanga77510

Songster
10 Years
Oct 10, 2009
Santa Fe, TX
How do you manage to hang a cabbage? I've done a few and it never turns out just the way I'd like, mostly I think because I can't get the hole carved out just right. Got any tips?

Kanga, I have used an electric drill with a long drill bit to drill the hole and then push a string or shoe lace through with a shiskabob skewer. Good Luck!

I have a couple of largish hooks with screw ends. I just screw the end into the base of the cabbage and hang it by the hook! Couldn't be simpler.

I have 2 extra large suet cages I use for my fresh greens inside the coop.... cut cabbage in 1/2 and put one side in each cage. Easy! Now, occasionally at the farmer market they have some MASSIVE cabbages. Those I just let them have at it lol

cool.png

I use a 1/4 by 2 inch lag bolt and just tie a string to the bolt and then just screw it into the stump of the cabbage. When they eat it down to the stump un-screw it and screw it into the next cabbage. A power drill seems like a bit much for a cabbage.
lau.gif

Hubby wants to know how shredded "lettuce" gets on his drills now and then.... On the other hand we had hubbard squash for Christmas dinner , you know how hard they are , I asked him to split it open for baking... he took it out to the chop saw and voila! I learned from the "Master"
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom