Hanging feeders?

I hang both. It keeps bedding out of their containers when the chooks scratch around. A LOT less messy in my experience.
smile.png

Feeders and waterers should be at appx. back height of the chickens (to prevent spooning the feed out/wasting...and to keep bedding from getting kicked into either). I don't have a convenient place to hang mine, so I just put mine up on blocks and it works as well.

Feeders and waterers get filled with shavings very quickly if set on the floor of a coop. I set them up on bricks instead of hanging. My coop roof is way too high.

Quote:
Ditto! Hang both above the height of the chickens back in the tractor. Keeps everything cleaner and out of the way of any rodents. Have water 16" off the floor in the coop(4" termite block on top of 12" block). Use the block to house 100 watt bulb in the winter to keep water from freezing.

Twenty five pounds of feed is on adjustable line and usually above chicks back. Keeps them from scratching feed out of feeder, pooping in it or in the water. I use DLM and the birds are big enough to scratch litter into feed and water if it is not off the floor high enough.

All of the above. I hang the feeders and waterers in all of my tractors. Wouldn't do it any other way. I don't have to take them out before I can move the thing, they stay cleaner, and there is less waste.

.....Alan.

Back
Top Bottom