Happy Earth Day BYC!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Apr 22, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hello and Happy Earth Day to all! I am excited for my school day today! My children and I are going to go on a nature hike, plant some flowers, and talk about how we can be more conservative with our earth's precious resources. We are also going to start a compost pile, which is something I have wanted to do for a very long time! What are you planning to do this Earth Day? [​IMG]

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Yeah!
    This is my school vacation, so I'm having an Earth day PARTY--- my buddies and I go pick up trash on beaches and have a really good time! [​IMG]

Request- that someone find an Earth Day smiley and tell me how to get it!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Happy Earth Day to you, too! [​IMG]

Those sound like wonderful activities!

I don't really have plans out of the ordinary, as I have relapsed from being sick, and it's raining today, but will be going through my seeds for the garden, making yogurt, and advertising for materials to build my new coop. [​IMG]

4. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Happy Earth Day to you too!

My company is giving out one of the CFL (the funny looking lightbulbs) to everyone to encourage energy savings.

5. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I am going to buy a few reusuable canvas shopping bags at the grocery store today and start using them instead of the plastic ones!!

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    We celebrated Earth Day on Saturday by cleaning up a local cove shoreline. Hauled up lots of shellfishing gear washed up during the winter storms.

Unfortunately, we found some damage to the shoreline and dunes done by off-road vehicles that wasn't there last October. So someone has been distinctly un-Earth Day-minded all winter long! Makes me mad. Wrote a letter to the local Police.

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Happy Earth Day to you, too! [​IMG]

I'm going to be planting some more seeds today, to do my part!

We've been using CFL bulbs in all of our lights since last year and love them!

Dawn

8. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

My mom and I are planning on going to the store and buying some tomato plants and putting them in our garden. [​IMG]

9. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    I'm trying not to drive the car today (helping my pocketbook too!) and hung the laundry on the clothesline. It's a beautiful day, they should dry nicely. It's not much, but it gives me a chance to be outside and enjoy the beautiful earth that God created.

10. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    [​IMG] Happy Earth Day!

Today we are planting flowers.

We pick up trash and try to reduce, reuse & recycle everyday. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by