Happy Easter, Cynthia!!! (Pic)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mrs MIA, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    It took almost a year, but there are finally Suedelettes in my brooder. [​IMG] Thank you Cynthia... say hello to your Alaskan Grandbabies!

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Omigosh, you have a blue-heavy hatch! Tori, it took a long time to get to this point, didn't it, my friend. I still remember sweet little Sapphire and I am so happy we finally got more than one chick to hatch in AK!!!

3. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    The look like they are, posing! [​IMG]

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have tears in my eyes... I'm SO thrilled with my little babies. Thank you for your perseverance!! [​IMG]

(Andy... I must have taken 50 photos to get that one!!! [​IMG])

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Now that was the best Easter gift anyone could get! Gorgeous little ones [​IMG]

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Yep... [​IMG] They're my Easter babies!

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Lol look at the black just laying on the floor like its saying "I'm so sexy.. love me! [​IMG]"

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, they're adorable! [​IMG] Congrats on the cuties!

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:Thanks Jody! They ARE adorable little chunks. [​IMG] I'm just very grateful that Cynthia kept trying. One of these is Smoky's baby, but I'm not sure who the others are. I also thought I was going to lose the last two, including the really dark one, but they've pulled through just fine and are holding their own. [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You know, Tori, they are mostly Smoky's, I bet. None look like Meg's, at least in that picture. If one comes up with red on it, then that would be Meg's. Dusty has two week old chicks, so has been broody for a couple of weeks before they hatched, though she did lay one or two eggs before she hunkered down and got serious. It's possible you got an egg of Skye's that was fertile, but I didn't mark it. I only have Skye, Dusty and Smoky and, at that time, Meg was still with Suede.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by