Happy Friday-Lavender Orpington

Aristocat123

Songster
May 22, 2019
Florida
Happy Friday everyone.
I have a Lavender Orpington 3 weeks old and is supposed to be a she but she looks like Godzilla next to all of the other chicks. Her legs are thick and I have this strange feeling she might be a he.
2 Polish
1 Sultan
1 Barred Rock
1 Blue Cochin
1 Salmon Faverolles
1 Cream Legbar
I attached a few pics.
Please tell me I’m wrong.

Thank you

Happy Friday everyone.
I have a Lavender Orpington 3 weeks old and is supposed to be a she but she looks like Godzilla next to all of the other chicks. Her legs are thick and I have this strange feeling she might be a he.
2 Polish
1 Sultan
1 Barred Rock
1 Blue Cochin
1 Salmon Faverolles
1 Cream Legbar
I attached a few pics.

Thank you

I played this and my beagles looking for chicks in the house :lau

I'm not good sexing chicks, but id give it time. It might just be the breed or that specific chick. Maybe in a few weeks you'll be able to tell more

Happy Friday everyone.
2 Polish
1 Sultan
1 Barred Rock
1 Blue Cochin
1 Salmon Faverolles
1 Cream Legbar
I attached a few pics.

Thank you

It is a little too early to tell, I cant really see much comb or wattle redness or growth yet. Also keep in mind that behavior is rarely accurate when it comes to sexing.

They are adorable.
You should post new pics at 8 to 10 weeks. Orpingtons (well mine anyway) always seem to develop earlier. I always, always think I have all cockrells.
I had one last year that was much bigger than the others, had thick legs, and red wattles early. She started showing comb at 4 weeks. I was worried until she played her first egg. Lol.
Good luck. I hope you have a pullet.

They are adorable.
You should post new pics at 8 to 10 weeks. Orpingtons (well mine anyway) always seem to develop earlier. I always, always think I have all cockrells.
I had one last year that was much bigger than the others, had thick legs, and red wattles early. She started showing comb at 4 weeks. I was worried until she played her first egg. Lol.
Good luck. I hope you have a pullet.
Thank you . I ordered all girls from a reputable hatchery so she should be a girl. She’s just so big and those legs....Mistakes do happen but I feel better after reading your reply.

I'd wait a bit! I had a few hens that looked like they would be roos when they were little but grew up to be hens. Plus, you having a variety of breeds makes it a little harder to compare them to each other in terms of growth and size. Maybe post again around 8 or so weeks?

Back
Top Bottom