Happy Halloween!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Redcatcher, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I went food shopping a few days ago and the Halloween candy was out! What the heck? I used to see them out on the shelves towards the end of August but never this early. The thought of a three month candy bar doesn't turn me on but I supposed people will buy some of the candy before Halloween and anything past the expiration date will get tossed. Likely though it will just sit there until they are set out on the reduced table after Halloween.

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:do you know how long they sit on the shelves of some stores?...lol

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    The hard candies will be fine, but the chocolate may discolor. Either way they'll be ediable after. I grab a few bags of M&M's after the holidays to make chocolate chip cookies with them.

4. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

lol

I stock up early...but not for the Trick-or-Treaters [​IMG]

It's my hubby's birthday that day, and our anniversary the following day, so we are never really home to hand out treats. We just save the goodies for us [​IMG]

5. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Michaels had all of their Halloween decorations out! I am so excited!

6. Ferrret

Ferrret Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:With how early Christmas displays go out (early September last year), I'm not really surprised that Halloween markets are starting early.
    [​IMG] I'm not particularly happy about it either, despite being a big fan of Halloween.
    I would rather have stores stock up 6 weeks before the holiday and leave it at that, not 3-4 months early.

Places like Micheal's and Jo-Anns, craft stores, I don't really mind having holiday stuff out early, because crafts take a while to make and the extra time is helpful. It's the retail stores that push the holiday tripe out months in advance that grate my nerves. I like Halloween and I'm aware enough that I know I can get pre-season stuff online if I really need something spooky right away. I can generally get it cheaper to, since much of it gets more expensive as you get closer to the holiday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by