1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Spamendence Day! Everyone!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gogoalie, Jul 4, 2011.

1. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    July 5th, 74 years ago, Hormel, in Austin Minnnestoa, introduce to the workin' poor...SPAM!!!!! Now we can enjoy spiced ham in the can without havin' to pay DELI PRICES!!!! Some Parts Aren't Meat, they say, but eveyone in HI & AK eats...SPAM!!!! (Spam doesn't freeze! Spam musabi anyone???) Anyone else enjoy this wonderful morsel of delisciousness?

Spam is typically sold in cans with a net weight of 340 grams (12 ounces). A 100 gram (3.5 ounce) serving of original Spam provides 310 calories, 13 grams of protein (26% DV), 3 grams of carbohydrates (1% DV), 27 grams of total fat (41% DV), including 10 grams of saturated fat (49% DV). The cholesterol content of Spam is 70 milligrams (23% DV). A serving also contains 57% of the recommended daily intake of sodium (1369 milligrams). Spam provides the following vitamins and minerals: 0% vitamin A, 1% vitamin C , 1% calcium, 5% iron, 3% magnesium, 9% potassium, 12% zinc, and 5% copper.[12][13]

I won't eat green eggs & spam, sam I am!!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Just made Ken two spam sandwiches for lunch today. [​IMG]

3. gogoalie

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    That's...SPAMTASTIC!!!! [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I competed in Spamarama in Austin, TX - didn't win, but had a great time! [​IMG]

Spamato Aspic!

5. gogoalie

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    What's this rumor I hear that Monsanto is comin' out with...GM Spam???[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:You are on a roll tonight!!!! [​IMG]

7. gogoalie

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    Well, I suppose if Monsanto does GMO Spam, they'd first hafta proove SPAM's...ORGANIC...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Monty Python had a little to say about spam.

9. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Lovely spam! Wonderful Spaaaaaam!

10. Kschwartz

Kschwartz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Gotta rep. for the home state - Minnesota! Spam is actually good, you know, if you look past the gross gooey spam water it comes in. lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by