Happy Thanksgiving dear peapeople!

We used to have a **** guinea problem. I gave a couple lead poisoning, broke anothers neck and then the peacocks started getting the idea and they took out a couple of the little goonies on their own. Now there is peace in the valley. Before that, they would hang onto the trains of peas and ride them like a sled and literally tore off the turkey tails.

I am starting to catch these guys so we can send to freezer camp. They have broken the cross boards on the peafowl pens from roosting on there at night and the pens are disgusting every morning from their droppings. Last spring I had 53 Guineas but a dry summer led to a huge surge in hatches. Busted every nest I found but they are good at hiding the nests. I sold as many keets as I could catch but now we are just going to eat the extras. I have a small farm and they are much too crowded. My neighbor said they came to his house and ate his bird feed. I told him he was allowed to shoot them but he said, no. They liked watching them. Ha! I do, too but not that many!

Back
Top Bottom