Happy Thanksgiving you peapeople!

Happy Thanksgiving from my peafowl family to yours!
big_smile.png

This year I decided my peafowl deserved a Thanksgiving feast of their own. Here are some photos of my peafowl's first Thanksgiving celebration!

Food Served:
Lettuce (3 full heads of lettuce - 2 for adults, 1 for peachicks)
Honey Wheat Bread
Black Oil Sunflower Seeds
Salmon & Egg flavored Cat Food
Ultrakibble
Poached Eggs (2)
Wild Bird Seed Mix
Unshelled, Unsalted Peanuts

This is the adult peafowl table after it was prepared outside the pen. I set it up outside of the pen so that it would be able to look nice all put together before the peafowl started eating up everything. I carried this plank of food into the pen and put it on top of some cinderblocks.

Frosty was about the only peafowl that ate from the table. Even so, he only took a few bites. My feast idea didn't go over so well.

I turned the table horizontally to give the peafowl more room. I also took the last head of lettuce and wedged it in the crepe myrtle tree in their pen. The peafowl crowded around the lettuce and were eating it and ignored the large feast. Some of them ignored the food entirely and were more interested in bothering the peachicks in the next door pen.

I decided that the adult peafowl had a problem with eating off of the table I set up, so I put food in their normal eating spots and they started eating that. I ended up dumping everything off of the feast table and onto places where they normally eat.

Here is the "Kids Table". They got all the same food as the adults.

Luckily my baby peas participated in their Thanksgiving Feast. Unlike the adults, they quickly came over to the table I set up for them and tried all the food.

Raptor was so happy that he started displaying. You all probably have witnessed a peacock who while displaying decides to scratch at the ground or at a plant, a dish, etc. Well, Raptor scratched at the bowl full of sunflower seeds, catfood, and Ultrakibble and it fell to the ground. Flip Flop was quick to start eating up the mess. I guess a mess is inevitable at the kids table.

Raptor posing with his toe on the table.

Flip Flop was helping me take photos of Raptor displaying.

She mainly wanted to be pet. She likes to have the top of her head scratched.

Raptor displaying

Maybe next Thanksgiving I will figure out a way to get all the adult peas to eat together.
roll.png

Happy Thanksgiving from my peafowl family to yours!
big_smile.png

This year I decided my peafowl deserved a Thanksgiving feast of their own. Here are some photos of my peafowl's first Thanksgiving celebration!

Food Served:
Lettuce (3 full heads of lettuce - 2 for adults, 1 for peachicks)
Honey Wheat Bread
Black Oil Sunflower Seeds
Salmon & Egg flavored Cat Food
Ultrakibble
Poached Eggs (2)
Wild Bird Seed Mix
Unshelled, Unsalted Peanuts

This is the adult peafowl table after it was prepared outside the pen. I set it up outside of the pen so that it would be able to look nice all put together before the peafowl started eating up everything. I carried this plank of food into the pen and put it on top of some cinderblocks.

Frosty was about the only peafowl that ate from the table. Even so, he only took a few bites. My feast idea didn't go over so well.

I turned the table horizontally to give the peafowl more room. I also took the last head of lettuce and wedged it in the crepe myrtle tree in their pen. The peafowl crowded around the lettuce and were eating it and ignored the large feast. Some of them ignored the food entirely and were more interested in bothering the peachicks in the next door pen.

I decided that the adult peafowl had a problem with eating off of the table I set up, so I put food in their normal eating spots and they started eating that. I ended up dumping everything off of the feast table and onto places where they normally eat.

Here is the "Kids Table". They got all the same food as the adults.

Luckily my baby peas participated in their Thanksgiving Feast. Unlike the adults, they quickly came over to the table I set up for them and tried all the food.

Raptor was so happy that he started displaying. You all probably have witnessed a peacock who while displaying decides to scratch at the ground or at a plant, a dish, etc. Well, Raptor scratched at the bowl full of sunflower seeds, catfood, and Ultrakibble and it fell to the ground. Flip Flop was quick to start eating up the mess. I guess a mess is inevitable at the kids table.

Raptor posing with his toe on the table.

Flip Flop was helping me take photos of Raptor displaying.

She mainly wanted to be pet. She likes to have the top of her head scratched.

Raptor displaying

Maybe next Thanksgiving I will figure out a way to get all the adult peas to eat together.
roll.png
This is awesome
love.gif

@MinxFox What a gorgeous feast - your babies are so spoiled!
But apparently you never taught them proper table manners!
big_smile.png

(By the way I Flip-Flop!)

Last edited:
Such a wonderful feast. Mine didn't get a feast, I had it all in a bucket to take to them and the dog ate it! :(
I used to give them the turkey carcass to pick at but I cat do that anymore either, silly dog digs under their fence and gets that from them too! And he wonders why they try to eat the marrow from his big bones. Fairs square!

Guess since he keeps the coons and foxes from eating them it all works out, hmmm?

Minx, Raptor is growing to be such a pretty guy!

This is what my peas got to see d by the afternoon. Raptor is handsome! I wish I could get some Green peafowl. Just got to wait at least 8 years before I can possibly start expanding my flock.

Last edited:
@MinxFox What a gorgeous feast - your babies are so spoiled!
But apparently you never taught them proper table manners!
big_smile.png

(By the way I Flip-Flop!)
Flip-Flop is definitely a sweet baby. She makes very cute noises.
Such a wonderful feast. Mine didn't get a feast, I had it all in a bucket to take to them and the dog ate it!
sad.png

I used to give them the turkey carcass to pick at but I cat do that anymore either, silly dog digs under their fence and gets that from them too! And he wonders why they try to eat the marrow from his big bones. Fairs square!

Guess since he keeps the coons and foxes from eating them it all works out, hmmm?

Minx, Raptor is growing to be such a pretty guy!
Our dog almost ate the eggs and peanuts for the peas! I was getting all the food together for the birds here at the house and the dog tried to sneak up and get some of the eggs and peanuts. Our dog loves peanuts...And coffee.
roll.png
She is a spoiled house dog and I refuse to take part in the spoiling, except on her 3rd Birthday which is tomorrow.

Flip-Flop is definitely a sweet baby. She makes very cute noises.
Our dog almost ate the eggs and peanuts for the peas! I was getting all the food together for the birds here at the house and the dog tried to sneak up and get some of the eggs and peanuts. Our dog loves peanuts...And coffee.
roll.png
She is a spoiled house dog and I refuse to take part in the spoiling, except on her 3rd Birthday which is tomorrow.

Well happy early birthday! My black Border Collie, Shadow turns 10 years old on the 29th.
Shadow

Back
Top Bottom