Happy to be here!!!

MaggieTheGenZChickGirl

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2021
Eastern Massachusetts
My name is Maggie and I am 19 and from Eastern Massachusetts. I have loved chickens all my life, ever since my first grade class hatched eggs I have been hooked! I even remember saving my money as a young child and purchasing an incubator (practically a toy with how low quality it was) on ebay and trying to hatch infertile eggs since I wanted chickens so much XD! Years went by, and finally now I am taking action on my childhood dream! I plan on preparing the setup and getting everything ready and educating myself very well this winter so ill be prepared for the spring when I plan to get them. That being said, I don't own any chickens yet but that'll change soon! For breeds i'm thinking Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rock's, i've heard they're great beginner breeds and are good in the cold New England winters. For hobbies I LOVE baking, so those fresh eggs will be going to good use. I also like knitting and crocheting. I'm in high school right now but graduating in the spring and taking a gap year, so ill be spending plenty of time with them. How did I find this site? I remember coming to this site as far back as elementary school when my obsession began. Of course, I was too young to understand almost anything, but I remember clicking through the site looking at pictures and reading short things I could understand. Now here I am years later, and I still remember this sites name and came here when I began to seriously think about raising chickens. Finally, after something like 10 years, I am signing up to BYC! I look forward to being a member of this community and staring my BYC journey :)

My name is Maggie and I am 19 and from Eastern Massachusetts. I have loved chickens all my life, ever since my first grade class hatched eggs I have been hooked! I even remember saving my money as a young child and purchasing an incubator (practically a toy with how low quality it was) on ebay and trying to hatch infertile eggs since I wanted chickens so much XD! Years went by, and finally now I am taking action on my childhood dream! I plan on preparing the setup and getting everything ready and educating myself very well this winter so ill be prepared for the spring when I plan to get them. That being said, I don't own any chickens yet but that'll change soon! For breeds i'm thinking Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rock's, i've heard they're great beginner breeds and are good in the cold New England winters. For hobbies I LOVE baking, so those fresh eggs will be going to good use. I also like knitting and crocheting. I'm in high school right now but graduating in the spring and taking a gap year, so ill be spending plenty of time with them. How did I find this site? I remember coming to this site as far back as elementary school when my obsession began. Of course, I was too young to understand almost anything, but I remember clicking through the site looking at pictures and reading short things I could understand. Now here I am years later, and I still remember this sites name and came here when I began to seriously think about raising chickens. Finally, after something like 10 years, I am signing up to BYC! I look forward to being a member of this community and staring my BYC journey :)
Welcome, Maggie! I hope you enjoy and learn from BYC. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom