1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Harmony at last

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KeMe, Jun 22, 2016.

1. KeMe

KeMe Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2015
    Our Golden Laced Wyandotte hens have chased the cotton tailed rabbits nd my dog until he was terrified of them. Now he won't go out into the yard when they are out into the yard every evening. The thought that it was fun to chase the rabbits and see them ran as fast as they could. Lately the girls got bored with their game of chase. The rabbits soon learned that they were safe to graze in the yard again. Now, they can co-exist in the same yard and we have harmony at last.

[​IMG]
    My dog still lives in mortal fear of the "monster chickens". [​IMG]He is sure that those girls will eat him.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    I'd rather have a dog live in mortal fear I'd the chickens then have a dog that chases the chickens[​IMG]

3. lcertuche

lcertuche Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish my dog was afraid of chickens but sadly she is not. She already mauled one of mine that eventually died. I can let her out with them but have to be close enough to tell her to stop and leave them alone. We are overrun this year with cottontails and I wish they would chase them away. I have seen my birds try to gray a songbird a time or two and they will chase mice if they see them.

4. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    I am glad my dog doesn't either. Also thankful she's an LGD. Nice to not worry at night

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by