Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

It’s funny, I love this incubator, I recommend it to anyone who asks, I have great hatch rates, I never hatched anything before, and my first try I got 19 quail chicks from 36 shipped eBay eggs that were lost in the post office for 6 full days beyond normal shipping time.

Other people have complained about low hatches too, and I can’t figure out why, they seem to do everything correctly. The only issue I’ve had is if the power goes out for a flash and not even long enough to make the clocks reset in the kitchen, the days left on the internal counter of the incubator changed. This happened to me 2x. The most recent, I didn’t notice the turner light shut off, and it looked like the turner was off for 3 days when I noticed it at lockdown. I had only an 82% hatch, with 2 assists, and a stargazer I later had to cull. This was low for me, because I was previously 96% and 100% with no assists and all healthy normal chicks.

It’s funny, I love this incubator, I recommend it to anyone who asks, I have great hatch rates, I never hatched anything before, and my first try I got 19 quail chicks from 36 shipped eBay eggs that were lost in the post office for 6 full days beyond normal shipping time.

Other people have complained about low hatches too, and I can’t figure out why, they seem to do everything correctly. The only issue I’ve had is if the power goes out for a flash and not even long enough to make the clocks reset in the kitchen, the days left on the internal counter of the incubator changed. This happened to me 2x. The most recent, I didn’t notice the turner light shut off, and it looked like the turner was off for 3 days when I noticed it at lockdown. I had only an 82% hatch, with 2 assists, and a stargazer I later had to cull. This was low for me, because I was previously 96% and 100% with no assists and all healthy normal chicks.

For some reason I still love this incubator too lol. I also have been in communication for long enough with those that have had great results to trust them...which is probably part of why. I think my issues have been caused by shipped eggs messing with my faith in the system they designed (until the last couple hatches all my eggs had been shipped). This last batch I did by the book...40% plus humidity through the hatch...and the rate improved to almost 50%. This time I'm hoping for better...37 fertile eggs out of 42 set, but one already has a blood ring, so we're going with 36.

There are things I'm frustrated with...one example being that my temps don't seem to stay consistent from hatch to hatch...but that could also be my therm/hygrometer. There's literally nothing I can point at and say 'It's the incubator'. The humidity is SUPER easy to control, and since I only really look at it by a resolution of 5-10% anyhow...the on unit gauge is good enough. The fact that it matches my therm/hygrometer within 5%...usually closer, helps with that confidence. I haven't found it very easy to clean...but it hasn't been a nightmare either. Much better than anything styrofoam. Love the setup inside, and I run my hatches with the turner left in. It stabilizes the eggs and when I started doing that my hatch rate went up.

I've got 36 eggs still going in the two incubators. In about 10 days we'll see if we have it figured out!

Well guys...day 14 candle is done. Down four more to 32 eggs still cooking.

I think my Ayam Cemani pullet may finally be a hen...though I never see anyone breeding with her. I have been getting 1 to 3 smallish, almost white eggs a week. All of my birds together give me at most 20 eggs...but usually somewhere between 15 and that...and sometimes as little as 10 per day. So I just figured it was one of the barred rock girls beginning to lay.

Now I'm not so sure.

The last hatch had one of those eggs, and I have an all black chick of unknown gender (I had assumed female from the all black color). I knew it wasn't barred rock due to NO apparent barring...so I figured it must have been australorp. Now I'm thinking it might be pure bred. Of the current eggs in...I have a few of the smaller white ones as well. Their development is for all the world the same as the Ayam Cemani I successfully hatched. Very small fetus in the egg, with a LOT of wide spread veins and open space. All of the other eggs are pretty solidly full.

I very badly need a nest box camera lol.

Here's my girl...just the other day. She's the only Ayam Cemani hen I hatched out of five survivors. The rest are boys.

120391809_372151790642497_8328290712096038420_n.jpg

She's tiny in stature, big in personality. Maybe the size of a 12-14wk old Ameraucana...at 18wks.

No way to tell for sure though, unless I catch her in the act lol.

Well guys...day 14 candle is done. Down four more to 32 eggs still cooking.

I think my Ayam Cemani pullet may finally be a hen...though I never see anyone breeding with her. I have been getting 1 to 3 smallish, almost white eggs a week. All of my birds together give me at most 20 eggs...but usually somewhere between 15 and that...and sometimes as little as 10 per day. So I just figured it was one of the barred rock girls beginning to lay.

Now I'm not so sure.

The last hatch had one of those eggs, and I have an all black chick of unknown gender (I had assumed female from the all black color). I knew it wasn't barred rock due to NO apparent barring...so I figured it must have been australorp. Now I'm thinking it might be pure bred. Of the current eggs in...I have a few of the smaller white ones as well. Their development is for all the world the same as the Ayam Cemani I successfully hatched. Very small fetus in the egg, with a LOT of wide spread veins and open space. All of the other eggs are pretty solidly full.

I very badly need a nest box camera lol.

Here's my girl...just the other day. She's the only Ayam Cemani hen I hatched out of five survivors. The rest are boys.

View attachment 2351882

She's tiny in stature, big in personality. Maybe the size of a 12-14wk old Ameraucana...at 18wks.

No way to tell for sure though, unless I catch her in the act lol.
She's such a cute mini! The roosters have never really drawn me, but I think the hens are pretty.
Nest camera...now that's a good idea! I know I'd love to have a coop video cam and like using my trail cam whenever I suspect an unsavory critter roaming around outside the chicken area.

Last weigh in Jenny was 17lbs 10oz lol.

I don't have any other breeding rooster at the moment...so I don't know what the hatch rate would be without. I should by next spring though. I'm trying not to think of a late fall/winter hatch if my Ameraucana start laying/breeding lol.

I have two laying Australorp hens myself!! Pictures of Ameraucana mixes and your sapphire gem mixes are always welcome lol!
I'm getting ready to move the teenager boys to a bachelor pen, which is still mid build progress, and the pullets into the main pen. It's been raining a lot this past week so the following are the best non-muddy pictures that I currently have and they are from about a month ago...so maybe 11 to 12-ish weeks of age.

The biggest of all is an Aussie x Sapphire Gem boy. He's nicely put together and solidly made. The second pc is him standing next to a hatchery Partridge Plymouth Rock cockerel that is one week older and you can see the size difference. The P. Rock is supposed to be a quick grower that tops out at 9 to 10 lbs, which I suspect will not be the case at all. But rather the SG/Aussie boy will probably reach 10 to 12, or more, lbs when mature.
20200901_103538.jpg
20200901_102951.jpg

This little pullet is Aussie roo x Americauna hen. The Hen is a soft reddish color on her outer feathers but blue under feathers. I suspect that my Aussie roo is not a dominate black because a little over half of the chicks from him and the SGs and the Ameraucana are blue.
From the second batch of this same cross, there is a much darker blue/slate colored youngster an inky blue neck feathers. I'll try to get some pictures of that one soon. It's beautiful, but a little shy of the camera.

20200901_103321.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to move the teenager boys to a bachelor pen, which is still mid build progress, and the pullets into the main pen. It's been raining a lot this past week so the following are the best non-muddy pictures that I currently have and they are from about a month ago...so maybe 11 to 12-ish weeks of age.

The biggest of all is an Aussie x Sapphire Gem boy. He's nicely put together and solidly made. The second pc is him standing next to a hatchery Partridge Plymouth Rock cockerel that is one week older and you can see the size difference. The P. Rock is supposed to be a quick grower that tops out at 9 to 10 lbs, which I suspect will not be the case at all. But rather the SG/Aussie boy will probably reach 10 to 12, or more, lbs when mature.
View attachment 2351997View attachment 2351998

This little pullet is Aussie roo x Americauna hen. The Hen is a soft reddish color on her outer feathers but blue under feathers. I suspect that my Aussie roo is not a dominate black because a little over half of the chicks from him and the SGs and the Ameraucana are blue.
From the second batch of this same cross, there is a much darker blue/slate colored youngster an inky blue neck feathers. I'll try to get some pictures of that one soon. It's beautiful, but a little shy of the camera.

View attachment 2352000

They're gorgeous!

I'm looking for a new breed to grow out next season to replace my barred rocks. They seem to be ok layers, and have good personalities with me...but they're complete d!cks to the other birds. I'm wanting solid laying, in a unique and good looking bird. Preferably with some size.

I know, I'm not asking much lol.

I considered favorelles...but they lay medium eggs...so no go. But man they make really cute crossbreeds lol.

Here to brag and update again on my NR360 status !

It’s been pretty much smooth sailing once I made all those humidity adjustments earlier in the thread ! (Thanks again everyone for the help♥️)

I’ve had back to back successful hatches of my own barnyard mixes And silkies !

Here are two of the newest colors I’ve gotten from my mixed silkie pen ! 🥰

8A6C8854-10F3-466F-84E9-741DCC209915.jpeg

Here to brag and update again on my NR360 status !

It’s been pretty much smooth sailing once I made all those humidity adjustments earlier in the thread ! (Thanks again everyone for the help♥)

I’ve had back to back successful hatches of my own barnyard mixes And silkies !

Here are two of the newest colors I’ve gotten from my mixed silkie pen ! 🥰

View attachment 2353203

Oh my goodness they're so cute!! :love I'm so glad your success rate has increased!

Back
Top Bottom