Has anyone been to Sussex Poultry show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by GardenGirl, Mar 26, 2008.

1. GardenGirl

GardenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

in New Jersey? I heard it was coming up in April and was wondering if it was a nice show to save the date for. Thanks for any info! [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am going to it. It was a blast last yr. Hope to meet you there. We bought our BR's there as well.

3. GardenGirl

I get a kick out of looking at all the different breeds. We were hoping to pick up a few laying hens there and learn more about backyard flocks. Do you think it wise to bring my toddler? He LOVES watching our chickens and is very well behaved for his age. [​IMG]

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I think so. There where lots of breeds last yr. I might sell a few as well.

5. GardenGirl

We'll have to look you up at the show then!

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Taking a kid to the show is like taking them anywhere else, if they are well behaved, they will be in the minority. I take mine, they are older, but they know to keep thier hands out of others cages, which is more than I can say for most of the adults there.

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:The shows I have been to, most are selling young pullets so they may not be laying yet, but you can usually pick up a few decent birds at the shows.

8. GardenGirl

[​IMG] That's funny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by