Has anyone bought a coop from mypetchicken.com?

We thought we could build a coop...we were wrong! I'm trying to find a coop that doesn't need to be rebuilt completely, we are going to start with 3 or 4 chickens so I'm considering this one: https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalo...bhouse-Coop-w-Run-up-to-4-chickens-p1167.aspx
Does anyone have experience with this company?
How about the coops made by New Age Pets (eco-flex material)
Hi SophieInSTL. I'm a 20 minute drive from the Arch so welcome to the neighborhood. Not knowing your setup, I can only say I would not recommend buying one of those new. It won't last very long and you'll lose a lot trying to sell it 2nd-hand. If that's the style you think you'd like, check out the local Market sites on Facebook and Craigslist. I've seen a lot of those advertised.

Pre fab coops are often flimsy. And are too small for the recommended amount with them. You could have maybe 2 adult laying hens in that and it would be cramped.

Check local, there might be a place that has a nice one fully built and ready. And depending on your location you have to think about the birds being inside the coop all day. So more space is better.

I recommend the Formex Snap Lock houses. I went through 3 wooden coops with runs and like everyone said...they don't last long. I've had the Formex ones now for about 7 years and they look like new. They are expensive but well worth it. 4 chickens will fit but be snug in the small one. The unfortunate thing is you will have to build a run or enclose the house within a large run. However, I imagine the run part would be much cheaper than constantly having to replace the house.

Hi SophieInSTL. I'm a 20 minute drive from the Arch so welcome to the neighborhood. Not knowing your setup, I can only say I would not recommend buying one of those new. It won't last very long and you'll lose a lot trying to sell it 2nd-hand. If that's the style you think you'd like, check out the local Market sites on Facebook and Craigslist. I've seen a lot of those advertised.
What sites on FB would you suggest? I just put in a request on STL backyard chickens. I've been contacting people on craigslist but the coops are gone within a day!

Back
Top Bottom