Has anyone bought eggs from Ideal?

mamaKate

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
SE MO
How was the hatch rate ? Were they decent healthy examples of the breed? I don't need show birds, I just want pretty Bantams.

I would think there eggs would produce the same as their birds, poor excuses of most breeds! If you want bantams, and don't necessarily care what you get, why don't you just post on here asking for them? There is a wide variety of birds through the people here, and they are very reasonable as well. I have looked at the hatcheries for buyng hatching eggs, and it is just ridiculous how much they charge for them!

That's what I was thinking. I do care what I get, I just don't need perfection. I hope I can find the eggs I want here in the spring. I was considering eggs from Ideal as a back-up plan. Not such a good plan?

I got a few chicks from them and they are always on eggbid selling eggs.
I was very disapointed in the quality and gave them all away!
What are you looking for?
Aubrey

I want Light Brahmas and Porcelain D'uccles the first week in March. I realize that's still several weeks away, but they will be my first chicks in 14 years. I guess I'm a little eager. lol

I wouldn't. For what they charge for eggs, you could get some very good quality eggs from people here. What types are you looking for?

Quote:
Start a new thread asking for those, and whomever has them should be able to put you on a list.

ETA: My 'list' in my siggy had 6 different breeds in it, and I'm down to one! Most of them I got from people on here.

Last edited:
Quote:
Start a new thread asking for those, and whomever has them should be able to put you on a list.

ETA: My 'list' in my siggy had 6 different breeds in it, and I'm down to one! Most of them I got from people on here.

Thanks for the help. I'll start the thread right away. I thought it was too early to try.

Back
Top Bottom