Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Pics
That's what I have and just hatching eggs today (so far 3 of 5 hatched). Did you ever breed them? If so, do you have any pics?
Hello! :frow Yes I actually did breed them I hatched some eggs in the incubator almost two years ago and this beautiful girl is one that I kept from my male Pekin and female welsh harlequin :love isn’t she a beauty! Congrats btw on your hatch please do post some pics :)
AE814C38-9070-4D5F-9A67-CCEC042E7E83.jpeg
232DB3BC-4AE2-4DDA-90D8-C424CE14CA85.jpeg
D9D379AE-DBEF-48C7-BEB3-4FA855821B9B.jpeg
A7D23560-4267-411F-B364-86152E114563.jpeg
B839D008-E83B-4FD6-B565-51EA987E6E0C.jpeg
the last two are her swimming with mom and dad :)

Oh wow!!! She sure is!!! Just gorgeous. Was she black & white as a duckling? Since you incubated them, how do they all react together (mom, dad, daughter)? Also, how long before you put them together? I'm told it's possible that some ducks will hurt a duckling (even I'd the offspring) that they did not sit & hatch themself so, I'm a little nervous. These are my babies so far. And thank you so much, I'm already in love!!

Attachments

• 20191222_092931.jpg
    20191222_092931.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20191222_093844.jpg
    20191222_093844.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20191120_081143.jpg
    20191120_081143.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 61
Oh wow!!! She sure is!!! Just gorgeous. Was she black & white as a duckling? Since you incubated them, how do they all react together (mom, dad, daughter)? Also, how long before you put them together? I'm told it's possible that some ducks will hurt a duckling (even I'd the offspring) that they did not sit & hatch themself so, I'm a little nervous. These are my babies so far. And thank you so much, I'm already in love!!
Above pics are new baby 1 & 2, Noel & Stella. Bottom is Emmie & Max (WH female & Pekin drake)
You cant see the blue in the pic good, but my Welsh also has a big, blue, "iridescent" stripe across her wing. I'm hoping to find a WH drake somehow. She wants to be a mama so bad & I'd love more WH's. Shes so sweet & calm natured.

Congrats on the sweet ducklings!!
As for putting them together. Don't your going to have to brood them yourself. They will never see them as theirs. She actually has to hatch them and imprint them to her and her to them. Once they begin to get around good and you have nice days take them outside so they can see the adults and adults can see them but it will be at least 4 months before they can actually be together. since you have a drake and they can want to breed young ducks before they should be bred. So enjoy them inside for now once fully feathered have a safe place where they can be out side but not with the adults. See no touch pens and coop are best.

Thank you so much!! :love I just admire her colors. When she was a duckling she was yellow and black yes a lot of yellow with some black on her head and back, crazy how pretty she ended up being. I had some other colors too but hard to know if it wasn’t from the other female breeds I also ended up breeding my pekin drake Aflac with my female khaki and blue Swedish. But I do know this young lady is from my female welsh Bubbles :)
My girl in the pictures is named Waffles!:gigbecause she was hatched via incubation Aflac and bubbles don’t know she’s theirs of course lol, so they kinda just treat her like any ol Duck that’s part of the flock. integrating her at first was a pain I integrated her with them when she was big enough probably between a couple months old and half a year old, along with two others from the hatch. My adults would pick on them a bit but not terribly, more so isolate them and wouldn’t allow them near the group. It took them months and months to figure it out but eventually they all became friends and a bigger flock :) not the easiest at first but it ended up working out!
You’re welcome! your babies are so adorable! I miss having ducklings around :):love

Above pics are new baby 1 & 2, Noel & Stella. Bottom is Emmie & Max (WH female & Pekin drake)
You cant see the blue in the pic good, but my Welsh also has a big, blue, "iridescent" stripe across her wing. I'm hoping to find a WH drake somehow. She wants to be a mama so bad & I'd love more WH's. Shes so sweet & calm natured.
Cute ducks and cute names lol! :) yes my welsh girl has the same beautiful blue on her wings and her daughter got that trait from her :) yes welsh harlequins are beautiful ducks and so sweet! I adore her. One day I’d like to find me some more as well

As for putting them together. Don't your going to have to brood them yourself. They will never see them as theirs. She actually has to hatch them and imprint them to her and her to them. Once they begin to get around good and you have nice days take them outside so they can see the adults and adults can see them but it will be at least 4 months before they can actually be together. since you have a drake and they can want to breed young ducks before they should be bred. So enjoy them inside for now once fully feathered have a safe place where they can be out side but not with the adults. See no touch pens and coop are best.
:goodpost::goodpost::thumbsup Yes exactly! This is what happened with mine. It will take some time

Oh for sure....I agree 100% At this point, I'm their mama & always will be. Ice heard they can hurt them so I will definitely be keeping them seperate & safe. So far 3 of the 5 have hatched. I think the last 2 will be out today. Cant wait to see them... they have already wrapped me around their little wings.

Back
Top Bottom