Has anyone else had the problem of getting Peepers to stay on your bird(s)?

Eddie K

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 11, 2011
When I tried to put them on our Light Sussex I think the record length of time it stayed on was roughly 1 second.

I understand some people have had problems getting their birds to stay still but for us that hasn't been a problem at all.

Our problem is it just seems a bad fit. When I clip it in it just falls straight back out again.

The ironic thing is the peeper fitted the bully that necessitated getting peepers in the first place with no problem whatsoever.

Only reason I ask is I'm curious to know if she's just a faulty chicken!, (and if so, was anyone able to source a different type/size of peeper?).

*grasps at straw*

Last edited:
I've put them our birds with no issues but I do believe each bird and each manufactor is different. We bought ours from eggcartons.com they are orange but I had to file down the plastic that is inserted into the nose so it was not so blunt more of an angle and I took my fingers and worked the 2 inserts closer together and both went in fine and have been in for about 6 weeks. I would suggest either with your fingers or plyers making the inserts move closer together if they are falling out or maybe try another brand?

Back
Top Bottom