Has Anyone Else Tried This?

Broke Down Ranch

Songster
12 Years
Apr 18, 2007
Texas
Well, I have oodles and gobs of geese eggs and since the fire only 1 foam bator. So I thought to myself "you let the chickens do it, why not turkeys?". So I currently have 4 buff goose eggs under a very mean and anti-social turkey hen. Yesterday when she got up I took her 3 turkey eggs and left her the goose eggs. She got back on the nest no problem. I'm thinking in the next day or 2 I'll give her some fresh turkey eggs that way when it's time to take the goose eggs she'll still be able to hatch some poults.

What do ya'll think? Think she'll hatch them for me?

I dont know but I would think she would. Go for it!!
jumpy.gif

DH had a hen hatch duck eggs. Said momma hen was in a tissy when her babies went for a swim. She ran around the slough just a skwauking.

I had a hen royal palm turkey who could not lay hard shelled eggs..
she was old.. but she was a good brooder .. she made a nest and sat on nothing for a couple of weeks..
I felt so badly for her so I gave her some guinea eggs that were about to hatch.. she sat on them for 3 days and hatched ot 4 of them..
You never saw such a good mother.

If you know anything about guinea keets, you know that they are impossible to keep in a bunch..Well she did it and they followed her everywhere..

I wonder if the humidity will be a problem? Turkey eggs don't get misted in the incubator like duck eggs.... ( I've never hatched either but only read stuff here so I'm by now means an expert! ) That's the only thing i would worry about .

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom