Has anyone ever had to call poison control?

Awhile back my granddaughter (1 at the time) got into a bottle of Visine
th.gif
definately scary, she was in ER for observation for about four hours, but, thankfully nothing bad happened. She is one of Those Kids as well, they sure can keep ya hoppin'
barnie.gif

i've called for my cat once and for my dog once.
smile.png

(i don't have any human kids)

kitty accidentally ingested at-home flea dip and proceeded to poop & vomit everywhere all the while biting at her stomach and tearing around the house yowling in obvious pain.
that was 7-8 years ago and kitty is still with me - but no more flea dipping.

then this past summer my dog got a close up direct hit of skunk in her mouth and eyes.
her eyes were so swollen and she was foaming uncontrollably at the mouth.

both times it was late at night and i just panic'd, didn't know where else to call.

i now keep the emergency 24 hour vet hotline # on the fridge ...
(and the recipe for de-skunking elixer)

the school nurse had to call poisen control for me once because I ate road salt. Then my mom had to call because I ate some "blueberries" of course we didnt have any and I had to stay in observation for the night. that was about 12 years ago

Quote:
I wouldn't put too much stock in that list, as one of the "poisonous" plants on it is poinsettia. You can read here about the non-toxicity of poinsettia.

-Clay

:Dthats my brother who is now in his twentys went through a terrible two stage and my dad who was suposed to be watching him didn't and he ate yew berries which are very toxic and my mom had to call poison control. then not even a week later my dad was suposed to watch my brother again and my brother injested used car oil and my mom had to call again. we still laugh about it
lol.png

We had poison control on speed dial when my DD was younger. She ate just about anything she could get her hands on. We had to put our medications in a locked box after she downed half a bottle of Benedryl and smeared a tube of cortisone ointment all over herself and the wall. We were visiting a garden center and forgot to tell her that it was not a salad bar. She started puking plant parts, but we had no idea what she'd eaten.
he.gif

I'm happy to report she lived past that stage!

Back
Top Bottom