Has anyone ever used a Wonder Washer?

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
They were advertised on TV a few years back. It's a little table top washing machine. Doesn't hold much, but it washes pretty fast. My washing machine bit the dust late last year and ever since we've been washing everything by hand, and that's not easy. I know we're killing the dryer now because we're not getting all the water out of the clothes. Due to severe nerve damage that extends to my hands, I don't have the hand strength to properly ring the clothes out, so it falls to my DD's to ring the clothes out, and they are 10 and 11, so their hand strength isn't much better than mine. My mom tries to come ring the clothes out too, but she is having hand weakness too. I don't have a car or the extra money to go buy a new washer, and I'm leary of CL, not to mention that they all want you to come pick it up, but don't have it hooked up so you can makes sure it works. That's just too fishy for my taste. So I'm checking around and I remembered the Wonder Washer, and I found one on Ebay. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? I'd do laundry a 100 loads a day if it meant I didn't have to ring it out, lol. So it's small capacity doesn't bother me much. Just so we have SOMETHING until we CAN afford a brand new washer. So, anyone tried one in the past or have one now? Here's the link to Ebay to the one I'm looking at right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wonder-Washer-P...wItem&pt=Washing_Machines&hash=item3cadcec01b

How come you dont buy yourself a used full sized washer or watch freecycle for a free washer? It would actually save your dryer too? I understand that money can be tight but I bet you could find a used washer for around $50. I see them all the time used for that price. Its just a thought.

Mike

Quote:
I can see where that would be a problem but I bet that you could work it out somehow. I am betting that you know someone with a vehicle that may be able to help you. Yes, it is a gamble on whether or not a used item will work but sometime the item can be demostrated.

At least you are not doing the rent to own thing, thats a bad way to gain appliances and furniture. I hope it all works out for you.

Quote:
I can see where that would be a problem but I bet that you could work it out somehow. I am betting that you know someone with a vehicle that may be able to help you. Yes, it is a gamble on whether or not a used item will work but sometime the item can be demostrated.

At least you are not doing the rent to own thing, thats a bad way to gain appliances and furniture. I hope it all works out for you.

Hey there Tex! Don't knock us rent-to-own folks. Terrible credit and a BIG need for new stuff, that place has been a lifesaver, even if we do wind up paying more than necessary.

Ok, believe it or not I have used one of the Wonder Washers... long story back a few years ago. Anyway you still have to ring out your clothes. Basically these just give you a way to spin your clothes inside a sealed tight drum. You can't do hardly any clothes at a time and you use a lot of water because you have to add new water to rinse over and over. Then you have to ring them out by hand to dry them.

I don't think this is the solution you are looking for.

I had a similar one years ago (appartment had a laundry room, and I wasn't going to pay $3/day to do a dozen cloth diapers). It doesn't spin well and you'll still wring out. Since it's summer I vote clothesline. Now the Haier models do well, and I used one for years.

Back
Top Bottom