Has anyone experienced anything like this???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gamblelover85, Oct 31, 2011.

1. gamblelover85

gamblelover85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Pahrump
    We had 6 buff orpington/ blue andalusian mixes hatch 4 days ago. The last one that hatched has had issues from the start. It had a clubbed foot and was very listless. At about 1 day we had to start cleaning this yellow gooey stuff that sticks to his stomach and butt at least once a day. It just keeps getting worse and worse though with no end in sight. We know that we might loose it but we want to give it the best chance. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    Where is this yellow goo coming from? Poop from vent or pus from cord? Is she eating and drinking?

3. gamblelover85

Jun 20, 2011
    Pahrump
    It looks like it's coming from the cord and it's drinking lots of water but not eating a lot. It also seems like all the others have grown and gained weight and this one hasn't. We have it separated at the moment but it's just so lonely. Poor thing

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
  5. gamblelover85

Jun 20, 2011
    Pahrump
    I was looking for a list like that thanks. I have to bookmark it now. And we will cross our fingers it makes it but if not then nature has to take it's course

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by