Has anyone had a duck hatch guinea fowl eggs?

River3330

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 4, 2012
Hello, I have a muscovie nesting on a nest of duck and Guinea fowl eggs, we did not know if the Guineas would hatch but thought we would let her try because we would love some more Guinea (can't have enough of them)

one hatched this morning but did not make it, we don't know if the duck trod on it or it was just too weak. Has anyone had success with ducks hatching Guineas?

I've never tried. Hmmm... I shall sneak some under my friend's muscovy next time she goes broody. I think my friend will be SUPRISED!!! haha

Haha so would the muscovie mama :)
We didnt put the eggs in this nest, it was the guineas and Muscovites that did it (cleaver Guineas i say) it will be a problem when they hatch because the incubation time is different, so we will take the guinea chicks away when they hatch and raise them ourselves.

I just hope they are strong and healthy because the heating would be different from a ducks body compared with a guinea or chooks body, I think anyway.

Haha so would the muscovie mama :)

We didnt put the eggs in this nest, it was the guineas and Muscovites that did it (cleaver Guineas i say) it will be a problem when they hatch because the incubation time is different, so we will take the guinea chicks away when they hatch and raise them ourselves.

I just hope they are  strong and healthy because the heating would be different from a ducks body compared with a guinea or chooks body, I think anyway.

Just a very late update here, mama duck did her best and the guinea eggs developed but it appeared that the chicks were to weak and didn't hatch, when we checked an egg everything was forming but they just could not hatch. It was not meant to be, I would say the heat was all wrong :-( I wont let that happen again.

Back
Top Bottom