Has anyone had a Guinea hen hatch a clutch of keets?

Has anyone had success with a broody Guinea actually hatching eggs and taking care of the chicks? I have about 30 guinea eggs that I am considering incubating
I have had many Guinea's to hatch----but not alot of luck with the keets growing to adults. I have great luck Hatching and brooding them myself and growing them out in pens.

I have had many Guinea's to hatch----but not alot of luck with the keets growing to adults. I have great luck Hatching and brooding them myself and growing them out in pens.
Thanks, I am going to take 1/2 the eggs from the clutch and incubate them. wish me luck, just got an incubator and afraid of killing the keets.

I have had a few guinea hens hatch the eggs but all ended up not surviving. We have another hen on some eggs ( I left them in there so she wouldn't go in the woods) and she sat down before I could get them and now I'm expecting some from her next week but I don't plan on letting her keep them because of the last failures. I did have a broody chicken hen hatch 5 keets and she's doing a good job.

I have had a few guinea hens hatch the eggs but all ended up not surviving. We have another hen on some eggs ( I left them in there so she wouldn't go in the woods) and she sat down before I could get them and now I'm expecting some from her next week but I don't plan on letting her keep them because of the last failures. I did have a broody chicken hen hatch 5 keets and she's doing a good job.
Good luck next week! I took 1/2 the guinea eggs and put in the incubator and my 2 guineas are still laying. I have waited all spring for a chicken to go broody and was going to put guinea eggs with her, but no one went broody! AGGG! So I just bought an incubator....now all my hens and both guinea hens will go broody. lol.

Good luck next week! I took 1/2 the guinea eggs and put in the incubator and my 2 guineas are still laying. I have waited all spring for a chicken to go broody and was going to put guinea eggs with her, but no one went broody! AGGG! So I just bought an incubator....now all my hens and both guinea hens will go broody. lol.
Thanks. :) yeah I'm excited! I was worried that my hens wouldn't go broody than my easter egger did and she's a fabulous mom. :) she may be tiny but she's feisty.

Attachments

• 20170613_175513.jpg
    20170613_175513.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
What kind of incubator you got? Do you know how to operate it?If its one of them from tractor Supply, you better go get you another tem/humidity meter----most of them are waaaaaaaaay off.

And anther thing---if you want some hatching hens---get you some old english game hens--they will hatch them for you.

Back
Top Bottom