Has anyone had a turkey hatch chicks more than once a year??

FarmGirlPam

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 9, 2016
Lower Alabama
I have a turkey hen who hatched out 13 chicks in April. I noticed about a week ago, she started "flirting" with the Toms again. About 4 days ago, she started laying eggs. She still takes care of her chicks. I also noticed about 2-3 weeks ago, one of the Toms stays with her and takes care of the chicks, he even started gathering them up at night and sleeping with about half while the Hen sleep with the other half. He stays with the chicks while she's on the nest. I'll have to wait and see if she will actually set on the eggs. I'm hoping she does.

I have a turkey hen who hatched out 13 chicks in April. I noticed about a week ago, she started "flirting" with the Toms again. About 4 days ago, she started laying eggs. She still takes care of her chicks. I also noticed about 2-3 weeks ago, one of the Toms stays with her and takes care of the chicks, he even started gathering them up at night and sleeping with about half while the Hen sleep with the other half. He stays with the chicks while she's on the nest. I'll have to wait and see if she will actually set on the eggs. I'm hoping she does.

She will.

Back
Top Bottom