1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

has anyone had the temp on the bator @ 105 and still had a good hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvchikies, Jan 20, 2009.

1. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    if you have, for how many hours did you left it like that?

2. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I've reached 104.6 for a few hours and still had some hatch. So there is hope!! [​IMG]

3. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    i had mine up to 103.9 all night till the morning still did good

4. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    mine stood like 104.7 for like 5-4 hrs I was scared so I open the bator and got one egg and candle it quickly and it was moving! I know I don't supposed to open the bator but today is berly day 18th so nothing would happen. well actually in about 4 hrs day 18th over. But when I got the egg off the bator the humidity didn't decrease at all! since I only opened a window and not the whole bator.

5. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Accidentally - yes, for two days. I use still air LG 9200 and relied on the thermometer that came with the unit. On day 2, I thought to verify the temp with a medical thermometer...105 degrees!

I made the adjustment, but was certain I'd done irreparable harm.

Three weeks later, we have 13 of 18 in the brooder...still holding out hope for two that have not pipped but looked good on day 17. The other three have not shown any development since the beginning.

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    108 and 2 out of the 5 are fine and peeping in the brooder [​IMG]

7. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've gotten up in the morning and it was that high a couple of times for different reasons and they still hatched .Sometimes not as well and you get more not so good looking chicks.It depends alot on how many days in you are as to what results you get.Let it play out and pray for the best.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by