Has anyone hatched an egg that was firtle from ausexual reproduction

You mean altering the egg in the lab in an attempt to clone the mother? Not sure if that has been done yet.

Chickens don't propagate by asexual reproduction; you need genetic material from both the male and the female - a rooster and a hen.

You mean altering the egg in the lab in an attempt to clone the mother?  Not sure if that has been done yet.

Chickens don't propagate by asexual reproduction; you need genetic material from both the male and the female - a rooster and a hen.
oh. I heard that somtimes duck eggs can be firtle without a male.

I believe the term you are looking for is parthenogenesis. At least that's how it applies in the plant kingdom. It is possible with turkeys, though not common. Any birds produced from this method are sterile, as I recall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis#Birds
Birds[edit]

This section requires expansion.(March 2009)

Parthenogenesis in birds is known mainly from studies of domesticated turkeys and chickens, although it has also been noted in the domestic pigeon.[32] In most cases the egg fails to develop normally or completely to hatching.[32][75] The first description of parthenogenetic development in a passerine was demonstrated in captive zebra finches, although the dividing cells exhibited irregular nuclei and the eggs did not hatch.[32]
Parthenogenesis in turkeys appears to result from a conversion of haploid cells to diploid;[75] most embryos produced in this way die early in development. Rarely, viable birds result from this process, and the rate at which this occurs in turkeys can be increased by selective breeding,[76] however male turkeys produced from parthenogenesis exhibit smaller testes and reduced fertility.[77]

I just wanted to know if it was possible to hatch an an egg that was firtle from asexual reproduction. Thank you.
If you mean by artificial insemination, yes, that happens all the time. In fact, some breeds cannot mate naturally for whatever reason (legs too far apart, etc.) and so people artificially inseminate the hens with sperm from the rooster.

If you mean by artificial insemination, yes, that happens all the time. In fact, some breeds cannot mate naturally for whatever reason (legs too far apart, etc.) and so people artificially inseminate the hens with sperm from the rooster. 
No. I saw online that an infirtle can somtimes devlop an embryo.

Back
Top Bottom